Topic: How to read stackexchange.math ?
Replies: 5   Last Post: Jan 25, 2013 2:53 PM

David Bernier

Re: How to read stackexchange.math ?

On 01/22/2013 05:38 PM, Mr. Anchovy wrote:
> In article<kdgntc$5s4$1@dont-email.me>,
> Timothy Murphy<gayleard@eircom.net> wrote:

>>> It is the price to be paid to get away from kooks and cranks:
>>> powerful kooks and cranks

>> I don't see why.
>> They appear to me to be two orthogonal forms of annoyance.

> Do not understand "orthogonal" here. My point is that
> you choose who is going to annoy you, because we do not
> escape it. Once, long ago, I read in a book on
> morphology a catalogue of observable phenomena that
> could be used to define life. I forgot all of them
> except "irritability." We are not alive unless we are
> irritable.

I heard that a survey of medical doctors showed anaesthesia as
one of the top advances in medicine, according to
the doctors ...

dracut:/# lvm vgcfgrestore
File descriptor 9 (/.console_lock) leaked on lvm invocation. Parent PID
993: sh
Please specify a *single* volume group to restore.