Topic: MEX files Matlab version dependent?
Replies: 1   Last Post: Jan 23, 2013 5:08 PM

James Tursa

Re: MEX files Matlab version dependent?

"Chuck37" wrote in message <kdp52g$kqq$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> I have some mex files I made with codegen and they run fine for me running 2012b. If I try to run them on the same machine using 2012a they crash with an undefined symbol error. Is this the expected behavior, that MEX files are not backwards compatible with matlab versions?

Unfortunately, mex routines are not in general portable between MATLAB versions. Sometimes they work and sometimes they don't depending on which MATLAB routines they attempt to access and how those routines work (which you don't have any control over). Your only solution is to re-compile for the other version.

James Tursa