Replies: 0

Back to Topic List Back to Topic List
Richard Strausz

> On Jan 22, 2013, at 7:34 PM, Richard Strausz
> <Richard.Strausz@farmington.k12.mi.us> wrote:
>

> > I'll ask her, Bob. Do you have any suggested
> activities and/or assessments you recommend for
> pre-algebra or algebra classes?

> > Richard

> http://mathforum.org/kb/thread.jspa?forumID=206&thread
> ID=2408668&messageID=7905217#7905217
>
> Also check out mathcounts.
>
> Bob Hansen

Thanks for sharing the link. There are some good items there; I will pass them along.

As to the methods of solution by the students, the teacher has been emphasizing writing. Students are required to submit their work along with an explanation of their thought processes. She didn't provide any assistance. I saw one student's reasoning and part of her work. She didn't do the work as economically as you did. She compared ARI and ARIEL to find out the sum of E and L, and generally narrowed things down until she could get to the value of single letters.

I didn't see the work of unsuccessful workers.

Richard