Topic: Mass Centroid
Replies: 2   Last Post: Jan 27, 2013 12:30 PM

Jeff

Re: Mass Centroid

"Javier Fileiv" wrote in message <ke1nmk$iok$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> "Javier Fileiv" wrote in message <kdneu0$67o$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> > Hello everyone, I need to find where an arrow is pointing. I was thinking on doing this by some comparison between the geometrical centroid and the mass centroid, but I cant get the last one. Some help on doing this? Some ideas??
> >
> > Thanks a lot

> Any other approaching to acomplish this?

The function REGIONPROPS in the Image Processing Toolbox will give you access to two centroids. The 'Centroid' property will give center of mass, while some arithmetic on 'BoundingBox' will give one calculation for geographical center that should be useful in calculating arrow direction.