Topic: Invariant subspace problem solved?
Replies: 9   Last Post: Mar 6, 2013 7:34 AM

David Bernier

Re: Invariant subspace problem solved?

On 01/28/2013 06:31 AM, José Carlos Santos wrote:
> Hi all,
> I found several texts across the Internet stating that the Invariant
> Subspace problem for Hilbert spaces was solved by Carl Cowen (USA) and
> Eva Gallardo (Spain). However, each of these texts is written either in
> Spanish or in Portuguese. This is rather odd, given the importance of
> the problem. Did anyone around here read something about this subject?

I found something similar to what you found.

From the "Real Sociedad Matemática Española" web-site, a 2013 meeting:

"del 21 al 25 de Enero" 21-25 January?

I think they mention John von Neumann and the 1930s ...

David Bernier
dracut:/# lvm vgcfgrestore
File descriptor 9 (/.console_lock) leaked on lvm invocation. Parent PID
993: sh
Please specify a *single* volume group to restore.