Topic: ZFC and God
Replies: 15   Last Post: Jan 29, 2013 9:19 PM

Jesse F. Hughes

Re: ZFC and God

WM <mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de> writes:

> On 29 Jan., 13:40, "Jesse F. Hughes" <je...@phiwumbda.org> wrote:
>> WM <mueck...@rz.fh-augsburg.de> writes:

>> > Do you know such a man? I hope you are not stupid or cheating enough
>> > to claim that I consider 7/9 as a terminating decimal?

>> Well, let's put some facts together:
>>
>> 0.777... = 7/9.
>>
>> You claim that 0.777... is a terminating decimal.

> I claim that the diagonal of a list of terminating decimals is a
> terminating decimal.
> You liked to note it as 0.777.... Well that's no problem. Now you
> "forget" the domain we had agreed upon and put 7/9 for it. 7/9 has no
> representation as a decimal, but definitely it has no representation
> as a terminating decimal.

I asked about the real number 0.777... quite explicitly.
0.7777... has only one meaning that I know of.

>> You should be removed from the classroom.
>
> Well the students would deplore it. Look here for instance:
> http://www.meinprof.de/uni/prof/17144

All the worse for the students! They do not recognize incompetence
when they see it.

For shame.

> If you can't log in, see what is accessible.
> "Sehr gut" in German means "Very good".
> If you log in for my History of the infinite, you will see seven
> results, each one saying 5.0.
>

>> This is not a vindictive comment, but a simple statement of fact. No
>> person capable of basic logical reasoning could fail to see your
>> inabilities in this thread, your insistence that I show some
>> irrelevant (and obviously false) claim

> You agree that it is impossible to leave the domain of terminating
> decimals by diagonalizing? I think that is not irrelevant. I find it
> of highest possible relevance.
>

>> to cover for the fact that you
>> cannot apply a definition you agreed to and prove what you say is
>> true.

> Stop lying, please. From the beginning I agreed to the domain of
> terminating decimals - nothing else!

There is no lie. This "agreement" has no obvious meaning, other than
"if we agree that 0.777... is a terminating decimal, then
0.77... terminates."

>> Such an ignorant fool like you should not be allowed to teach
>> mathematics. Your employer should be aware of your incompetence and
>> shame on them if they are not, and shame on them every day they allow
>> you to pretend to understand mathematics.
>>
>> Call that dirty if you wish, but as far as I'm concerned, it's a
>> pretty uncontroversial judgment.

> Perhaps a fool in his cave may think so.
>
> My employer is proud on this result:
> http://www.hs-augsburg.de/~mueckenh/Infinity/Bestseller.pdf

I am not familiar with the text, but I know that you are literally
incapable of distinguishing valid argument from invalid or, indeed,
the most basic sort of mathematical reasoning. Honestly, the results
of this conversation are sufficient to show that.
--
Jesse F. Hughes
"How come there's still apes running around loose and there are