Topic: My amateurview of math.
Replies: 27   Last Post: Feb 10, 2013 2:56 AM

Scott Berg

Re: My amateurview of math.

"JT" <jonas.thornvall@gmail.com> wrote in message
On 1 Feb, 09:59, "christian.bau" <christian....@cbau.wanadoo.co.uk>
wrote:

>> Go to your bathroom.
>> Count how many elephants there are.
>> How many? The answer is zero.

>> If you watch an elephant leaving your bathroom, how many elephants are
>> in the bathroom then?
>> There were none, then one left, so now there are minus one elephants
>> in your bathroom.

>If there is zero elephants i hardly need to count it or them.
>Well if you show me the negative elephant i will count it.
>
>But rather say i have 1 dollar in wallet, and you steal it and i am
>simply out of money

"out of money" = zero = 0

>but there isn't minus 1 dollar in wallet.

he stole only 1, 1-1 = 0

>But you
>do owe me 1 dollar and i have a claim upon you.

but that is not what is in your wallet, and that is 0 dollars.

>And that is do not dream up things that aren't countable.

I count none, no dollars, which is zero dollars.