Topic: MEX compilation: warning and segmentation fault
Replies: 2   Last Post: Feb 4, 2013 10:14 AM

James Tursa

Re: MEX compilation: warning and segmentation fault

"Alle Meije " <a.m.wink@gmail.com> wrote in message <kegeak$20c$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...

> This code worked without problems in older matlab versions, and other matlab functions depend on it.
>
> Now however, when I compile it now, there is first a warning message

> >> mex fisidwt.c polyphase.c % message about different gcc version
> >> mex fsidwt.c polyphase.c % message about different gcc version

> fsidwt.c: In function ?multiMRFWD1D?:
> fsidwt.c:187: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size
> fsidwt.c:188: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size
> fsidwt.c:189: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size
> fsidwt.c:190: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size
> which is weird because no integers are cast to pointers. But it's only a warning, so let's carry on.

Maybe you don't think any integers are being cast to pointers, but the compiler certainly does. What do those lines look like?

James Tursa