Topic: JS coding
Replies: 27   Last Post: Feb 24, 2013 6:17 AM

JT

Re: JS coding

On 6 Feb, 10:01, Virgil <vir...@ligriv.com> wrote:
> In article
> <3123c3cd-44ed-473e-a206-c9246797a...@fn10g2000vbb.googlegroups.com>,
>

>  JT <jonas.thornv...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > On 3 Feb, 23:33, Virgil <vir...@ligriv.com> wrote:
> > > In article
> > > <6e315bac-9f19-4cee-ad90-7ec7bbe8b...@w7g2000yqo.googlegroups.com>,

> > > The process involves repeated divisions with whole number quotients and
> > > remainder
> > > Example: Convert 99 base 10 to base 8

> > > Step 1. 8 into 99 goes 12 times with 3 left over
> > > Step 2. 8 into 12 goes 1 time with 4 left over
> > > Step 3. 8 into 1 goes 0 times with 1 left over
> > > Stop when base goes into dividend 0 times

> > > Then line up the leftovers from last to first: 1,4,3
>
> > > Result 99(base 10) is 143(base 8)
>
> > > Check: 143(base 8) = 1*8^2 + 4*8^1 + 3*8^0
> > > = 1*64 + 4*8 + 3*1
> > > = 64 + 32 + 3
> > > = 99 (base 10)
> > > --

> > Honestly i thought that you math guys, easily could see howto convert
> > ordinary bases to zeroless NyaN bases. For me it took a week to find
> > the generic algorithm for anybase to write out any number using NyaN
> > base notation, but it was 15 years ago so it probably will take me a
> > week or two.

> The thing is that none of us see any point to converting to zeroless
> bases when the systems with zeroes works so well.
>

> > The annoying thing is that i know that the generic basechanger i wrote
> > for standard base was written so a single line of code could change it
> > to NyaN bases, but i am probably getting old because i think i have to
> > start all over with NyaN algorithm. When i do changes it hangs and
> > without a debugger line for line it is harder.

> > The generic basechanger is allready working, but how do i get it to
> > write out NyaN bases instead of standard bases.

> Your problem.
> --

> What is NyaN?

It is a concept of new naturals working in anybase(Nya N swedish), it
is written out without zeros.
BASE 3 BELOW
Dec = NyaNTern=StandardTern
1 =1 01
2 =2 02
3 =3 10
4 =11 3+1 11
5 =12 3+2 12
6 =13 3+3 20
7 =21 6+1 21
8 =22 6+2 22
9 =23 6+3 100
10 =31 9+1 101
11 =32 9+2 102
12 =33 9+3 110
13 =111 9+3+1 111
14 =112 9+3+2 112
15 =113 9+3+3 120
16 =121 9+6+1 121
17 =122 9+6+2 122
18 =123 9+6+3 200
19 =131 9+9+1 201
20 =132 9+9+2 202
21 =133 9+9+3 210

Below ternary fractions in NyaN
Paragraphs for empty preceding
entrys to keep track of multiple * bas (Ternary=1,3,9,27,81....)

Fractions = NyaN ternary fraction
1/3 = .1
2/3 = .2
1/9 = .(1)1