Topic: compiling cuda file to create ptx file
Replies: 2   Last Post: May 28, 2014 2:47 AM

Edric Ellis

Re: compiling cuda file to create ptx file

"AL_math " <anatlibman1@gmail.com> writes:

> I am trying to compile a cuda file (file_name.cu) to create a ptx file
> in order to call cuda kernels from matlab. I am using visual studio
> 2010, cuda 5 and windows 7, 64 bit operating system. I had tried to
> compile through the command prompt as was explained in this web about
> creating kernels from cu files:
>
> "you can create a compiled PTX file with the shell command:
>
> nvcc -ptx myfun.cu
>
> This generates the file named myfun.ptx."
>
> But this gave me a lot of errors that I couldn't fix.
>
> I would really appreciate some help.

You need to have downloaded and installed the CUDA toolkit from NVIDIA's
website <https://developer.nvidia.com/cuda-toolkit> . If you've
installed that, and got nvcc on your path, perhaps you could post more
details about precisely what error you're receiving.

Cheers,

Edric.