Topic: Matheology § 222 Back to the roots
Replies: 606   Last Post: Apr 18, 2013 2:04 AM

fom

Re: Matheology § 222 Back to the root

On 2/14/2013 5:53 PM, Virgil wrote:
> In article
> <edc41700-d86f-4db5-8928-62768ed77a36@z9g2000vbx.googlegroups.com>,
> William Hughes <wpihughes@gmail.com> wrote:

>> So we note that it makes perfect sense to ask
>> if potentially infinite sequences x and y are equal,
>> we have cases where they are not equal and cases
>> where they are equal. We also note that no
>> concept of completed is needed, so equality can
>> be demonstrated by induction.
>>
>> So WMs statements are
>>
>> there is a line l such that d and l
>> are equal as potentially infinite sequences.
>>
>> there is no line l such that d and l
>> are equal as potentially infinite
>> sequences.

> Thus WM accepts
> 'P and not P' but rejects 'Tertium Non Datur'.

>>> And just this criterion is satisfied for the system
>>>
>>> 1
>>> 12
>>> 123
>>>
>>> For every n all FISs of d are identical with all FISs of line n.

> For every n there is an (n+1)st fison of d not identical to any FIS of
> line n.

And, because WM is basing his arguments on
the structure of the naturals as a directed
set, it is that (n+1)st fison that grounds
comparability of the terms of its proper
initial sequence.

Laughably, WM complains about reversal of
quantifiers. His use of the directed
set properties is comparable to what is
manipulated in formulating the forcing
language for models of set theory. In
that context, a complete Boolean algebra
less its 0 (bottom) is the basic structure,
and the forcing language is expressly
constructed in terms of the inverted
order.

Date Subject Author