Topic: Adding rows in a matrix based on certain criteria
Replies: 2   Last Post: Feb 7, 2013 9:58 AM

Barry Shaw

Re: Adding rows in a matrix based on certain criteria

It would be helpful if you posted what you have attempted and any errors. I'm not sure if I've grasped what you're trying to. Does this help?

m = 5;
matrix = [[1 20 3 4 1]' [1 1 10 2 1]']; % for example

for i = 1 : m
if matrix(i,1) == 1 & matrix(i,2) == 1
matrix(i,3) = matrix(i,1) + matrix(i,2);
else
matrix(i,3) =nan(1); % What do you want to do if cols 1 and 2 don't equal 1?
end
end
matrix