Topic: Odd layout of latex formulas
Replies: 5   Last Post: Mar 27, 2013 7:49 PM

Paul

Re: Odd layout of SANS SERIF latex formulas

On Feb 13, 12:42 am, "matt dash" <n...@mail.com> wrote:
> Paul <paul.domas...@gmail.com> wrote in message <c5327304-5cf0-4b09-a9a6-8fc0bc142...@ia3g2000vbb.googlegroups.com>...

> > > It works fine for me on 2010a... maybe it's version or hardware
> > > dependent...

> > I'm using 2012a.  It would be odd that a more advanced version
> > misbehaves in this way (though admittedly, not unimaginable).

> Well, i did some digging... unfortunately, for reasons I won't even try go guess, it looks like they did in fact remove all the normal latex fonts from matlab 2012a and b. They used to be in the folder matlab/sys/fonts/type1/cm or /ttf/cm/. Now there is a much smaller list of fonts and they all have the mwa_ prefix. But apparently mathsf is looking for the fontname without the mwa_ prefix. (cmss10). (A coworker also had a problem where an exported .eps now has all mwa_ fonts now that no other program recognizes. Why do they do this....)
>
> I tried just copying the real latex fonts into those directories, but it didnt fix it. Apparently matlab isnt actually checking that folder for fonts, but has a list somewhere of fonts it knows about. Hopefully there's some way to update that list. Maybe you can get answers from tech support.

Sorry for this overdue response. I appreciate your investigation, and
I'll keep in mind the option to follow up with tech support if it
proves to be troublesome in a way that is not circumventable. My
workaround is to simply shrink the figure window, copy and paste it to
it's destination as EMF (a Microsoft-centric vector format) and resize
it big again in the destination document.