Topic: linewidth and axis labels with opengl renderer
Replies: 1   Last Post: Feb 9, 2013 11:58 PM

matt dash

Re: linewidth and axis labels with opengl renderer

"Timothy" wrote in message <kf42ek$j80$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> I have noticed that 'linewidth' is ignored when using plot with renderer set to opengl. Is there a way around this? This is quite frustrating because I want to plot something with thick lines and transparent patches on the same axes.
>
> Also, axis labels do not align properly, nor do they move according to plot coordinates when using the 'position' property to place them.
>
> In short, I am unable to produce the figure I want using any of painters, zbuffer or opengl.

It shouldn't be ignored, but opengl will behave very differently depending on your hardware. My favorite opengl bug is the one where it renders all text upside down. If you are using windows, you should try changing the figure's wvisual property to see if you can find an option where opengl works correctly. If you have an nvidia graphics card, try changing its 3d settings (the quality vs performance slider or the more detailed settings)...