Topic: Wikipedia and fractions in other base then decimal
Replies: 16   Last Post: Feb 11, 2013 9:43 PM

William Elliot

Re: Wikipedia and fractions in other base then decimal

On Mon, 11 Feb 2013, JT wrote:
> On 11 Feb, 09:14, William Elliot <ma...@panix.com> wrote:
> > On Sun, 10 Feb 2013, JT wrote:

> > > Wikipedia claims that 1/2 decimal 0,5 is 0,1 in ternary... and also
> > > 0,1 in binary.....

> > > In reality it is 0.12 in ternary and 0.101 in binary
> >
> > 1/2 = 0.1 in binary
> > 1/2 = 0.111... in ternary
> >
> > which can be written as 0.1^- where 1^- indicates a bar
> > above the 1 which is used for infinite repetition of a digit.
> > For example 1/3 = 0.3^- base 10.
> >
> > and

> No both you and wikipedia -> 0,5 decimal= 0,1 ternary are wrong while
> i am correct.

Yes, you're absolutely correct in demonstrating how you're a spoiled temper
tantrum brat that always have to have his way. It won't take much more of
your whining for me to block your posts from being downloaded to me.