Topic: Wikipedia and fractions in other base then decimal
Replies: 16   Last Post: Feb 11, 2013 9:43 PM

JT

Re: Wikipedia and fractions in other base then decimal

On 11 Feb, 23:17, Virgil <vir...@ligriv.com> wrote:
> In article
> <6cb6128e-e235-4345-9aaf-6fb6dd6ba...@g8g2000vbf.googlegroups.com>,
>

>  JT <jonas.thornv...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > On 11 Feb, 09:00, Virgil <vir...@ligriv.com> wrote:
> > > In article
> > > <03a59b13-1fbd-4098-91d7-f093d7cf5...@w4g2000vbk.googlegroups.com>,

> > > Shouldn't 0.12 in base three be the same as
> > > 1/3 + 2/3^2 = 3/9 + 2/9 = 5/9?

> > > I make one-half expressed in base 3 to be 0.1111...
> > > --

> >http://www.anybase.co.nf/
>
> If that says otherwise, it is wrong!
> --

No my algorithm write bases in finite way, the correct way to write
numbers in bases, and it is generic work for any base. How the
multiples really work is easy for anyone with a brain to understand,
but first one have to understand what a fraction and a whole number
is. And neither exist upon your numberline.