Topic: infinity can't exist
Replies: 34   Last Post: Mar 16, 2013 9:31 PM

Jesse F. Hughes

Re: infinity can't exist

fom <fomJUNK@nyms.net> writes:

> In Aristotle, one finds the discussion that one can
> never define x=y. To be precise, he says that one
> can never prove a definition, but one can destroy
> a definition. But, definitions rely on the notion
> that some word is "the same" as the object toward
> which its language act of referring is directed.

What part of Aristotle do you have in mind?

I'm not challenging you. I know only a smidgen of his writings. But
I'd appreciate a pointer to the chapter where he discusses this.

Thanks.

--
Jesse F. Hughes

"Two years from now, spam will be solved."
-- Bill Gates, Jan 24, 2004

Date Subject Author
2/12/13
Read infinity can't exist