Topic: surface approximation based on surface normals
Replies: 2   Last Post: Feb 15, 2013 4:34 AM

Torsten

Re: surface approximation based on surface normals

"Peter Schreiber" <schreiber.peter15@gmail.com> wrote in message <kfkkv2$nfm$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> Hi everyone,
> For a rectangularly spaced grid I know at every grid point the surface normal. Additionally, I know the function value at one grid point. What would be a good strategy if I want to find the actual surface that has the specific surface normals.
>
> Since this seems to be a common problem in computer graphics I hope someone can guide me in the right direction. Are there any algorithms know to work well for this kind of problem?
>
> Best Regards,
> Peter

This article should give you a starting point:
http://www.google.de/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=5&ved=0CFoQFjAE&url=http%3A%2F%2Fvision.ucsd.edu%2Fkriegman-grp%2Fpapers%2Feccv06c.pdf&ei=WwAeUbXrCs_mtQbijYCwAQ&usg=AFQjCNHjHiO2drHyTwWwfl344qGy3LSk2w&sig2=HSvy3ijf07pbVnelMxf7fw

Best wishes
Torsten.