Topic: thorough review of perpetual-motion, rest-mass, and whether light
waves travel forever #1230 New Physics #1350 ATOM TOTALITY 5th ed

Replies: 0

Back to Topic List Back to Topic List
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com

thorough review of perpetual-motion, rest-mass, and whether light
waves travel forever #1230 New Physics #1350 ATOM TOTALITY 5th ed

One thing I am interested in doing in the 6th edition of this textbook
is editing and revising, however I do come across a problem of lack of
full memory of what has to be edited out since my research often
overturns earlier positions. Much of the double transverse wave theory
is wrong in parts. So to help in that future edition I thought I may
remind myself of what needs removing in the last pages. The New
Physics will end at page 1300 or before, but I thought of a even
better approach when I take on the 6th edition, is to simply start at
page 1300, and work backwards, and then start the revision. I doubt
that any novelist or historian has done that with their text, and
perhaps that is only useful to a scientist revising his text. You see,
the trouble with starting at the beginning, may lead to a repeat
mistake of an idea that was abandoned later on. But starting at the
end, I retain what was concluded and when I reach the ideas that were
abandoned, I delete them altogether.

But let me get to the topic on my mind today. There is still a turmoil
of the concepts of rest-mass, perpetual motion, and does a light wave
travel forever. And I believe that physicists of the last century
never had a firm grasp of any answers for these questions.

Earlier I discussed how perpetual motion is the essence of Quantum
Mechanics circa March of 2012. And I did that long discussion before I
had the Maxwell Equations as the axiom set over all of physics, as can
be seen in this older post.