Topic: Crank Nikolson scheme for semi linear parabolic type equation
Replies: 1   Last Post: Feb 15, 2013 7:41 AM

Nasser Abbasi

Re: Crank Nikolson scheme for semi linear parabolic type equation

On 2/15/2013 2:27 AM, Sandeep Kumar wrote:
> I am studying Cahn-Hilliard equation which is a fourth order parabolic type equation and
>wanted to implement this equation using numerical methods in MatLab. I am trying to
>solve this with Crank-Nikolson scheme, but am not able to formulate the problem.
>The equation contains a fourth order derivative( square of laplacian) and also
>
> The equation is:
> del u/ del t = - epsilonsquare* laplacian^2*u+ laplacian(u^3)-lapacian(u)
> boundary conditions
> Ux(0,t)=Ux(l,t)=Uxxx(0,t)=Uxxx(l,t)=0;
> which after discretization become u(1,)=u(5,), u(2,)=u(4,), u(N,)=u(N-4),u(N-1,)=u(N-3)
>
> Please help.

This question has nothing to do with Matlab. Just becuase you
are using Matlab to implement it, does not make it a Matlab question.

If I am going to use C, should I ask this in the C programming
language newsgroup?

Why not use the correct forum. Try for example

http://scicomp.stackexchange.com/

good luck,
--Nasser