Topic: Coincidence of meteor strike and close asteroid approach at same time.
Replies: 36   Last Post: Oct 4, 2013 6:26 PM

Robert Clark

Re: Coincidence of meteor strike and close asteroid approach at same time.

On Feb 28, 3:21 pm, Davoud <s...@sky.net> wrote:
> Robert Clark:
>

> >  For many people the Air Force not sharing all the technical means at
> > its disposal led to the loss of the shuttle Columbia crew. It must not
> > be said that its keeping its meteor detections capability secret led
> > to the loss  of an entire city.

> It doesn't matter how many people believe some nonsense about the
> Columbia, it's not true. Can you imagine how many hours or days in
> advance the AF would have to have known a meteor was going to collide
> with the Columbia!? Not possible. The Air Force has no "meteor
> detections capability," secret or otherwise, because the AF is not in
> the business of detecting meteors, even if it does so inadvertently
> from time to time. The AF does not operate the U.S. space
> reconnaissance program.
>
> By that token, if a meteor destroys a whole city it won't be the fault
> of the Air Force except in deranged minds. For each nutter who blamed
> the Air Force for not detecting a meteor there would be two other
> nutters who blamed the AF for not shooting down a UFO.
>
> We mustn't let conspiracy theorists and other nut cases run our science.
>
> --

Needless to say, the implication was not that Columbia was destroyed
by a meteor, but that the Air Force's various imaging and detection
capabilities were not shared before Columbia attempted re-entry.
In regards to the Air Force having meteor detection capability the
Air Force has acknowledged this.

Bob Clark
On Feb 23, 6:09 pm, Robert Clark <rgregorycl...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Meteor expert Clark Chapman and former astronaut Rusty Schweickart
> urge U.S. military to re-initiate sharing of satellite detections of
> meteor impacts:
>
> Russian Meteor Fallout: Military Satellite Data Should Be Shared.
> by Leonard David, SPACE.com?s Space Insider Columnist
> Date: 18 February 2013 Time: 09:03 AM EThttp://www.space.com/19846-russian-meteor-fallout-military-satellites...
>
> From links in the article, the military formerly did share this
> information but the policy was changed in 2009. This is important
> because the satellites reportedly have the capability to detect
> meteors down to 1 meter wide and below. This would well have the
> capability to determine if close asteroid flybys result in increased
> meteor impacts.
>
> Bob Clark

Date Subject Author
2/19/13
Read Re: Coincidence of meteor strike and close asteroid approach at same time.
Robert Clark
2/20/13
Read Re: Coincidence of meteor strike and close asteroid approach at same
time.
David Bernier
2/20/13
Read Re: Coincidence of meteor strike and close asteroid approach at same time.
Richard Tobin
2/20/13
Read Re: Coincidence of meteor strike and close asteroid approach at same time.
Jeff Findley
2/20/13
Read Re: Coincidence of meteor strike and close asteroid approach at same time.
Robert Clark
2/20/13
Read Re: Coincidence of meteor strike and close asteroid approach at same time.
Robert Clark
2/23/13
Read Re: Coincidence of meteor strike and close asteroid approach at same time.
Robert Clark
2/23/13
Read Re: Coincidence of meteor strike and close asteroid approach at same time.
Robert Clark
2/27/13
Read Re: Coincidence of meteor strike and close asteroid approach at same time.
Robert Clark
2/28/13
Read Re: Coincidence of meteor strike and close asteroid approach at same time.
Robert Clark
2/28/13
Read Re: Coincidence of meteor strike and close asteroid approach at same time.
bradguth@gmail.com
10/3/13
Read Re: Coincidence of meteor strike and close asteroid approach at same
time.
David Staup
10/3/13
Read Re: Coincidence of meteor strike and close asteroid approach at same time.
Mike Collins
10/4/13
Read Re: Coincidence of meteor strike and close asteroid approach at same
time.
David Staup
10/4/13
Read Re: Coincidence of meteor strike and close asteroid approach at same time.
Mike Collins
2/28/13
Read Re: Coincidence of meteor strike and close asteroid approach at same time.
Davoud
2/28/13
Read Re: Coincidence of meteor strike and close asteroid approach at same time.
Robert Clark
2/28/13
Read Re: Coincidence of meteor strike and close asteroid approach at same time.
Greg \(Strider\) Moore
3/6/13
Read Re: Coincidence of meteor strike and close asteroid approach at same time.
Robert Clark
3/6/13
Read Re: Coincidence of meteor strike and close asteroid approach at same time.
bradguth@gmail.com
3/9/13
Read Re: Coincidence of meteor strike and close asteroid approach at same time.
bradguth@gmail.com
3/7/13
Read Re: Coincidence of meteor strike and close asteroid approach at same time.
Robert Clark
3/11/13
Read Re: Coincidence of meteor strike and close asteroid approach at same time.
Robert Clark
3/11/13
Read Re: Coincidence of meteor strike and close asteroid approach at same time.
Fred J. McCall
3/12/13
Read Re: Coincidence of meteor strike and close asteroid approach at same time.
Fred J. McCall
3/12/13
Read Re: Coincidence of meteor strike and close asteroid approach at same time.
Robert Clark
3/12/13
Read Re: Coincidence of meteor strike and close asteroid approach at same time.
Jeff Findley
3/15/13
Read Re: Coincidence of meteor strike and close asteroid approach at same time.
bradguth@gmail.com
2/23/13
Read Re: Coincidence of meteor strike and close asteroid approach at same time.
bradguth@gmail.com
2/22/13