Topic: MPI Style parallel processing with parallel computing toolbox
Replies: 1   Last Post: Feb 20, 2013 3:33 AM

Edric Ellis

Re: MPI Style parallel processing with parallel computing toolbox

galactic_fury <pratik.mallya@gmail.com> writes:

> It seems that the only way to have a no-shared memory
> communication-only based parallel programming model (la MPI) is by
> using the spmd construct and using labindex to customize code
> execution. Is there a way for the main matlab process to communicate
> with the workers in spmd while they are working?

There is not. The MATLAB client does not in fact have an MPI connection
to the workers.

> The way I've been getting around this is by assigning one worker as a
> 'master' and others as 'workers'

Could I ask what you're trying to do here?

Cheers,

Edric.