Topic: No more fmincon messages!
Replies: 2   Last Post: Feb 25, 2013 10:50 AM

Steven Lord

Re: No more fmincon messages!

"Manalap " <mujyhane@gmail.com> wrote in message
> When I execute mfile that contains fmincon, Matlab prints messages like
> ===============================
> Warning: To use the default trust-region-reflective algorithm
> you must supply the gradient in the objective function and set
> the GradObj option to 'on'. FMINCON will use the active-set
> algorithm instead. For information on applicable algorithms,
> see Choosing the Algorithm in the documentation.

Did you look at that section of the documentation? It should, I believe,
tell you how to select the active-set algorithm using OPTIMSET. Doing so and
passing the resulting options structure into FMINCON will avoid this
warning.

> Optimization completed because the objective function is non-decreasing in
> feasible directions, to within the default value of the function
> tolerance,
> and constraints are satisfied to within the default value of the
> constraint tolerance.
>
> <stopping criteria details>
>
> Active inequalities (to within options.TolCon = 1e-06):
> lower upper ineqlin ineqnonlin
> 1

Set the Display option to 'off' using OPTIMSET.

--
Steve Lord
slord@mathworks.com