Topic: Problems with Infinity?
Replies: 14   Last Post: Feb 27, 2013 4:22 PM

David DeLaney

Re: Problems with Infinity?

netzweltler <reinhard_fischer@arcor.de> wrote:
>Why do you think there are different infinities in geometry? The
>moebius strip is simply an infinite loop, isn't it?

Well, a nonorientable one, and IF you consider it as a 2D manifold (if I'm
remembering things right from long ago) it's unbounded above and below in
the same manner a horizontal line is to left and right. We usually just look
at a section of that and call it a "Mobius strip", and give it top and bottom
edges. But I don't think that's what Don was thinking of.

Dave