Topic: PDE with Coupled Boundary Conditions
Replies: 5   Last Post: Feb 26, 2013 3:35 AM

Torsten

Re: PDE with Coupled Boundary Conditions

> "Torsten" wrote in message <kgf5if$2cg$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...

> > "Anurag" wrote in message <kgdpm4$af5$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> > > Hi Bill,
> > >
> > > Thanks for your reply. Its good to know the toolbox doesn't require any internal BCs. I am trying to use a solver like bvp4c, since I am doing a 1-d case. Also, having a solver function is helpful since I want to pass it to a fitting function to fit for a diffusion coefficient.
> > >
> > > Anurag

> > Take a look at
> > http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/3819-tutorial-on-solving-bvps-with-bvp4c/content/BVP_tutorial/BVP_examples_70/ex9mbvp.m
> > to see how to set up multipoint boundary value problems with bvp4c.
> >
> > Best wishes
> > Torsten.

> Hi Torsten, thanks for pointing me to the multi-point solver in bvp4c. I looked into it > before but unfortunately the solver still requires the BVP be the same in all the >region.

No.
>So in the example you pointed me to, I would like to have a different value of eta in region 1 and 2 (in my case it would be the thermal conductivity).
>
> Do you have any suggestion on how to tackle this issue?

Since you know which region is adressed by the value of the variable "region"
passed to "ex9mode", you can use different values for eta in different regions
(or even different PDEs in different regions).

> Anurag

Best wishes
Torsten.