Replies: 128   Last Post: Dec 8, 2013 3:21 PM

clicliclic@freenet.de

Peter Pein schrieb:

> Am 22.04.2013 19:51, schrieb clicliclic@freenet.de:

> > The following table summarizes the performance data made available so
> > far.
> >
> > ch. ex's Der. Fri. Mpl MMA etc. etc.
> > 6.10 1.20 17 ...
> > 1 81 78 80 80 ??
> > 2 90 - - - -
> > 3 14 - - - -
> > 4 132 - - - -
> > 5 120 - - - -
> > 6 26 - - - -
> > 7 11 - - - -
> > 8 59 - - - -
> > 100% 96.3% 98.8% 98.8% ????%

> Mathematica has issues with examples 50 and 55.
>
> Integrate[x/Sqrt[a^4 - x^4], x] == ArcSin[x^2/a^2]/2
>
> leads to
>
> x*(-2/Sqrt[a^4 - x^4] + 2/(a^2*Sqrt[1 - x^4/a^4]))==0
>
> which is true for real a.
>
> And the result of #55 differs from the desired by an integration
> constant Log[11]/(2*Sqrt[3]):
>
> Integrate[1/Sqrt[5 - 4*x + 3*x^2], x]
>
> yields
>
> ArcSinh[(-2 + 3 x)/Sqrt[11]]/Sqrt[3]

Hum, issues. :)

The problem with the integration of x/SQRT(a^4 - x^4) has been repaired
in my reposting of the chapter-1 integrals on April 21st, after it was
noticed by Axel. By now, the corresponding entry in my file reads:

INT(x/SQRT(a^4 - x^4), x) = 1/2*ATAN(x^2/SQRT(a^4 - x^4))
= 1/2*(a^2/SQRT(a^4 - x^4))*SQRT(1 - (x/a)^4)*ASIN((x/a)^2)

The first evaluation is what Derive 6.10 actually produces with x and a
declared complex. The second is in a sense closer to Timofeev's one.

The "issue" concerning the integral of 1/SQRT(5 - 4*x + 3*x^2) has been
been incorporated into my file right away:

INT(1/SQRT(3*x^2 - 4*x + 5), x) = 1/SQRT(3)*ASINH((3*x - 2)/SQRT(11))

Thanks! I had overlooked this possibility entirely!

Martin.

Date Subject Author
clicliclic@freenet.de
clicliclic@freenet.de