Topic: Change the format of text file generated from MATLAB code
Replies: 5   Last Post: Feb 25, 2013 10:36 AM

Steven Lord

Re: Change the format of text file generated from MATLAB code

"dhiraj " <dhirajsingla15@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Depends what you are using for output:
>> fid=fopen(txtfile,'wt');
>> fprintf(fid,'%0.3f\n',out); % One per line
>> fclose(fid);
>> is one way to get what you want.

> Thanks for your reply.
> But when I use this, my text file loose the original data and gives me
> 112.000 101.000
> 114.000 109.000 120.000 50.000 54.000 50.000 54.000 46.000 105.000 110.000
> 99.000, these random numbers.
> I also tried using above code in the code, where I am actually generating
> the file, though it displays numbers in the format I want, but in the
> saved text file they are still in the format of 6.89000+002.

That suggests the variable out contains the string:

out = 'permx2626.inc'

Those "random numbers" are the ASCII values for the characters that make up
that string.

Steve Lord