Topic: Need a lawyer to sue NIUZ.biz for having website that harms computers
Replies: 8   Last Post: Mar 1, 2013 2:57 AM

HH

Re: Need a lawyer to sue NIUZ.biz for having website that harms computers

On 2/26/13 12:40 AM, Archimedes Plutonium wrote:
> I need a lawyer, preferably pro bono,

"Pro bono" is short for "pro bono publico." For the _public_ good. Why
should a lawyer work for free for your private interest?

> to sue this website of NIUZ.biz

What tort has NIUZ.biz committed against you? Keeping everyone away
from looking at [your] posts" is not a tort.

> which archives posts but installs software that harms people's
> computers should they hit those websites:

If this charge is false, you have just libeled NIUZ.biz.

> The below is a recent gaggle full of NIUZ posts and if you click on
> them, then a Google warning comes up saying that further entry and you
> place you computer at risk. Perhaps a virus or malware.

Perhaps, but not necessarily. And if the site is harmful, that doesn't
mean that the site installed malware intentionally. They might have
been hacked. If you are sued for libel, it will be your burdens of
production and proof to demonstrate your claims. Good luck with that.

> Anyway, for me the reasoning behind this is the miscreants doing it
> want to keep everyone away from looking at posts of Archimedes
> Plutonium. And they hope to ruin my computers.

Just yours?

> I have a question for Google. Instead of just warning people. Why not
> just eliminate all posts that can harm other people's computers.

Because nobody knows how to do that.

<snip/>

*** I am not a lawyer, so this can't be legal advice. ***
*** I'm not Dr. Phil either. So this isn't even personal advice. ***