Topic: 3D Affine Transform
Replies: 8   Last Post: Feb 28, 2013 9:44 AM

Torsten

Re: 3D Affine Transform

"fereshteh " <fe_a252525@yhoo.com> wrote in message <kgkcgc$d68$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> In a 3D Affine Transform ,I have two sets of 3D data((x,y,z):after applying transformation,(x0,y0,z0):before applying transformation(original data)),and now I want two obtain the 7parameters of 3D Affine Transform(the translation vector,scale factor and the elements of the orthogonal rotation matrix).
> Any suggestion will be very helpful.
>
> Thanks
> F.A

So what is the final form of affine transfomation you want to allow ?
Usually in 3D, you will have to fit 12 instead of 7 parameters:
x' = a11*x + a12*y + a13*z + a14
y' = a21*x + a22*y + a23*z + a24
z' = a31*x + a32*y + a33*z + a34

Best wishes