Topic: Maxima - simplification/evaluation
Replies: 5   Last Post: Mar 1, 2013 2:24 PM

Richard Fateman

Re: Maxima - simplification/evaluation

On 2/28/2013 11:59 PM, Mate wrote:
> On Mar 1, 7:23 am, Richard Fateman <fate...@cs.berkeley.edu> wrote:
>> head:?car(x,y)$
>> f(x,y):=?list(head,x,y)$
>>
>> Probably it would be better
>> if you just stop posting such unmotivated questions on sci.math.symbolic.

(I sent email to Mate, separately. head:?car(x*y) corrects the error.
The point I was making to Mate is that he/she could, for example, use
email, or asking questions on the maxima mailing list for questions not
of general interest, instead of posting to sci.math.symbolic, in the
future. Or perhaps making the questions more meaningful (and of more
general interest) by explaining why. Someone might even say, "Oh,
that's easy to do, why don't you use Mathematica etc.".

RJF