Topic: Typecasting After Reading in Large Binary File
Replies: 9   Last Post: Mar 1, 2013 12:22 PM

James Tursa

Re: Typecasting After Reading in Large Binary File

"Scott" wrote in message <kgqhlp$jtb$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...

> I tried installing your typecast function and I selected the Matlab compiler: Lcc-win32 C 2.4.1.
> After install, it failed:
> "Impossible to open C:\...\Local
> C:\APPS\MATLAB_R2009B\MEX.PL: Error: Link of 'C:\...\MATLAB\TYPECASTX\typecastx.mexw32' failed.
> ??? error using ==> typecastx at 130
> Unable to compile typecastx ... Contact author."
>
> I'd like to start over and select a different compiler but I haven't figured out how to do that.
>
> Do you think that would help or do you have any suggestions on getting this working?

It should work with lcc. Not sure what the error message is, but it looks like maybe the link failed because it couldn't write the output file ("... Impossible to open..."). Are you sure you have write privilege in the directory you are trying to build? You might try putting it in a work directory somewhere that you *know* you have write privilege to and then try compiling it there.

To change compilers, do this:

mex -setup
(then press Enter)
(then enter the number of the compiler you wish to use)

James Tursa