Topic: Log Logistic and Weibull distribution
Replies: 1   Last Post: Mar 3, 2013 10:58 PM

Sata

Log Logistic and Weibull distribution parameters

I have an additional question:

In Normal distribution, I know that the 2 parameters are mean and standard deviation and I know the concepts and applications of Normal distribution. However, in Log Logistic distribution, what do the 2 parameters of alpha (scale) and beta (shape) stand for? Similar questions go to Weibull distribution, what do the 2 parameters of lambda (scale) and kappa (shape) stand for? What are the values or range of values for these 4 parameters? Where can I find some simple examples and simple exercises to understand the concepts of these 2 distributions?