Topic: Simulink without Simulink?
Replies: 2   Last Post: Mar 5, 2013 5:01 AM

Tikkuhirvi Tietavainen

Re: Simulink without Simulink?

"Steven_Lord" <slord@mathworks.com> wrote in message <kgnq08$1e9$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...

> "Aino" <aino.tietavainen@removeThis.helsinki.fi> wrote in message

> > Hello all!
> >
> > I have a function that calls for a simulation, inside several for-loops.
> > So running the code takes a lot of time. I tried to solve this problem by
> > running the code in one of these super-computers, but apparently they
> > don't have Simulink-toolbox.
> >
> > My question is, is there any way to avoid using Simulink?

> Some possibilities (I'm sure there are others):
>
> Apply some of the techniques in the Model Optimization section of the
> documentation for Simulink to improve the performance of your model? This
> may speed it up to the point where you don't need to run in a cluster.
> http://www.mathworks.com/help/simulink/model-optimization.html
>
> On a machine where Simulink and Simulink Coder are available, generate an
> executable from the model and call that executable instead of simulating the
> model?
> http://www.mathworks.com/help/rtw/index.html
>
> Ask the person in charge of maintaining the super-computer to install
> Simulink on the machine (adding it to the appropriate license if necessary?)
>
> Rewrite the simulation in MATLAB rather than in Simulink?
>
> --
> Steve Lord
> slord@mathworks.com
> http://www.mathworks.com

Thank you for your answer. I think pretty much all of your suggestions are viable in my case. I have never tried generating executable from any of my models, I'll probably try that, but first I'll see if it's possible to just code the model as a simple function. It seems that at least PID-controller is a ready-made function..

-Aino