Topic: how to set initial values to symbolic variable array?
Replies: 3   Last Post: Mar 2, 2013 2:34 AM

Tomas Garza Hernandez

Re: how to set initial values to symbolic variable array?

Perhaps something like this:
In[1]:= Clear[a,r]
In[2]:= Array[a,4]
Out[2]= {a[1],a[2],a[3],a[4]}
In[3]:= f=a[1]+a[2]+a[3]+a[4]
Out[3]= a[1]+a[2]+a[3]+a[4]
In[4]:= r=Table[a[j]->1,{j,1,4}]
Out[4]= {a[1]->1,a[2]->1,a[3]->1,a[4]->1}
In[5]:= f/.r
Out[5]= 4
-Tomas