Topic: Slider step, value does not agree with setting when sliding vs. using
the arrow

Replies: 16   Last Post: Mar 4, 2013 1:53 PM

Doug Schwarz

Re: Slider step, value does not agree with setting when sliding vs. using the arrow

In article <kgrl49$av9$1@speranza.aioe.org>, dpb <none@non.net> wrote:

> On 3/1/2013 6:46 PM, Nasser M. Abbasi wrote:
> > On 3/1/2013 6:26 PM, dpb wrote:
> >> On 3/1/2013 5:06 PM, Nasser M. Abbasi wrote:
> >>

> >> Didn't said it can't be done by the app; only that the OS API doesn't
> >> support it directly at that level (at least in the level of the SDK I
> >> have installed--I didn't look at more recent documentation). Matlab
> >> mirrors the API interface.
> >>

> > I do not know anything about Matlab SDK and such.
> > My point is that, Matlab uicontrol sits in the middle
> > of the user and the OS. Hence this rounding/fixing up
> > can be done by the UIcontrol itself even if the OS API
> > does not support it.

> Well, yes, that's what I just said--that it (ML) _could_ but it rather
> simply reflects the behavior of the OS control (at least on Windows).
>
> If you think it's important enough, file an enhancement request w/ TMW.

In my opinion it would be a detriment request.

Nasser, you seem so certain that the slider operation should be the way
you want, but in my opinion it is correct now with three possible
increments. Think of it this way: the way it is now you can get what
you want, but if the change you want is made, it will be impossible to
have a smaller increment than the minor step. In other words, the
slider will have *less* functionality than it does now.

--
Doug Schwarz
dmschwarz&ieee,org

Date Subject Author
3/1/13
Read Slider step, value does not agree with setting when sliding vs. using
the arrow
Nasser Abbasi
3/1/13
Read Re: Slider step, value does not agree with setting when sliding vs.
using the arrow
Nasser Abbasi
3/1/13
Read Re: Slider step, value does not agree with setting when sliding vs.
using the arrow
dpb
3/1/13
Read Re: Slider step, value does not agree with setting when sliding vs.
using the arrow
Nasser Abbasi
3/1/13
Read Re: Slider step, value does not agree with setting when sliding vs.
using the arrow
dpb
3/1/13
Read Re: Slider step, value does not agree with setting when sliding vs.
using the arrow
Nasser Abbasi
3/1/13
Read Re: Slider step, value does not agree with setting when sliding vs.
using the arrow
dpb
3/2/13
Read Re: Slider step, value does not agree with setting when sliding vs. using the arrow
Doug Schwarz
3/2/13
Read Re: Slider step, value does not agree with setting when sliding vs.
using the arrow
Nasser Abbasi
3/3/13
Read Re: Slider step, value does not agree with setting when sliding vs. using the arrow
Doug Schwarz
3/3/13
Read Re: Slider step, value does not agree with setting when sliding vs.
using the arrow
Nasser Abbasi
3/4/13
Read Re: Slider step, value does not agree with setting when sliding vs.
matt dash
3/2/13
Read Re: Slider step, value does not agree with setting when sliding vs.
using the arrow
dpb
3/2/13
Read Re: Slider step, value does not agree with setting when sliding vs.
using the arrow
Nasser Abbasi
3/2/13
Read Re: Slider step, value does not agree with setting when sliding vs.
using the arrow
dpb
3/2/13
Read Re: Slider step, value does not agree with setting when sliding vs.
using the arrow
Nasser Abbasi
3/4/13
Read Re: Slider step, value does not agree with setting when sliding vs. using the arrow
Steven Lord