Topic: To make a lasting/meaninful contribution, edit Wikipedia.
Replies: 2   Last Post: Mar 2, 2013 2:46 PM

Will Janoschka

Re: To make a lasting/meaninful contribution, edit Wikipedia.

On Sat, 2 Mar 2013 06:33:57, benj <benj@iwaynet.net> wrote:

> On Fri, 01 Mar 2013 19:33:08 -0800, Graham Cooper wrote:
>

> > I'll be leaving Usenet when the New Google Groups replaces the old.
> > Unless another web browser can provide such a simple service as
> > displaying a Usenet Group. For some reason NNTP and HTTP are mutually
> > exclusive. Old Google Groups was 90% functional and they totally
> > botched it! New groups is worse than cripple ware newsreader program!
> > So when old Google Groups is gone, so will I be!

> Yup. I'm already gone. Large establishment internet outfits have been
> trying to neutralize the internet for the power-elite for some time now.
> The two-pronged attack of removing Usenet from ISPs while using Google to
> replace Newsreaders with the hoi polloi seems to be working well.
>
> New Google Groups already forced me back to traditional methods and even
> worse Google searches which used to be by far the best, have become so
> politically censored that I've had to move to lesser search engines as
> well. Welcome to the modern world of politics.

So true... My ISP does not offer Newsgroups via DSL. Here is sit,
trying to communicate via dialup, using OS2, and a newsreader that
does no spellchecking

.I find Thermodynamics much more well thought out than religious
teachings from the Catholic or Anthropogenic Church. The
nonsense of AGW has now entered engineering textbooks.

See "A Heat Transfer Textbook, 4th Edition" by John H
Lienhard V and John H Lienhard IV, Dover Publications Inc.
2011. Part IV on Thermal Radiation Heat Transfer. On pp
535-537 has the most egregious explanation of Kirchoff's
Law of radiation.

"Kirchoff's law states that a body in thermodynamic equilibrium
emits as much energy as it absorbs in each direction and at
each wavelength" and continues "if this were not so, for
example a body might absorb more energy than it emits in one

direction theta1 and might emit more energy than it absorbs
in another direction theta2"., "The body would thus pump heat

out of its surroundings from the first direction theta1, and into
its surroundings in the second direction theta2." "Since
whatever matter in the first direction would be refrigerated
without any work input, the Second Law of Thermodynamics
would be violated,"...

I want my money back and compensation for being
tasked to read such Religious nonsense!.

From the back cover:
"This introduction to heat transfer offers advanced undergraduate
and graduate engineering students a solid foundation in the subjects
of conduction, convection, radiation, and phase-change," ...

This is what Amazon advertised, and the only reason
I bought this damned choir book.

"Thermodynamics for Dummies", is quite good!!