Topic: Mathematica and Lisp
Replies: 6   Last Post: Mar 7, 2013 3:58 AM

Bill Rowe

Re: Mathematica and Lisp

On 3/5/13 at 4:17 AM, fateman@cs.berkeley.edu (Richard Fateman)
wrote:

>On 3/3/2013 7:58 PM, John Doty wrote:
>>On Sunday, March 3, 2013 12:21:31 AM UTC-7, Richard Fateman wrote:
>>

>>>C is not my favorite programming language .. see

>>>www.cs.berkeley.edu/~fateman/papers/software.pdf

>>But in many cases it *is* the favorite language of people with real
>>problems to solve.

>For sure it is the favorite programming language of people who know
>no other programming language.

I do know programming languages other than Mathematica. Quite
probably the list of programming languages I've used is and have
experience with is far shorter than your list. But, my preferred
tool for solving the type of problems I encounter is Mathematica
because I find I can more quickly and efficiently solve problems
with the tools available in Mathematica than I can with other
languages such as FORTRAN, C, C++, Pascal and others.