Topic: Import of URL no longer works in V9
Replies: 1   Last Post: Mar 5, 2013 10:13 PM

hmichel@cox.net

Re: Import of URL no longer works in V9

John:

The underlying URL has moved.

The following is brief log of transaction using WFetch.

WWWConnect::Connect("edms.cern.ch","80")\n
IP = "137.138.160.201:80"\n
source port: 50435\r\n
REQUEST: **************\n
POST /cedar/plsql/codes.list?initial=X&type=CODE&code=EqCode HTTP/1.1\r\n
Host: edms.cern.ch\r\n
Accept: */*\r\n
\r\n
RESPONSE: **************\n
HTTP/1.1 302 Found\r\n
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2013 19:57:52 GMT\r\n
Server: Oracle-Application-Server-10g\r\n
Location:
https://edms.cern.ch/cedar/plsql/codes.list?initial=X&type=CODE&code=EqCode\
r\n
Transfer-Encoding: chunked\r\n
\r\n
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">\n
<HTML><HEAD>\n
<TITLE>302 Found</TITLE>\n
</HEAD><BODY>\n
<H1>Found</H1>\n
The document has moved <A
HREF="https://edms.cern.ch/cedar/plsql/codes.list?initial=X&amp;type=CODE&am
p;code=EqCode">here</A>.<P>\n
<HR>\n
<ADDRESS>Oracle-Application-Server-10g/10.1.3.5.0 Oracle-HTTP-Server Server
at edms.cern.ch Port 80</ADDRESS>\n
</BODY></HTML>\n
finished.

Just because the URL resolves, redirects and displays does not mean that
that URL will now work in Mathematica version 9. Does the same URL still
work in Mathematica 8?

If I figure out what settings URLFetch needs I will forward a solution when
found.

Hans