Topic: Chapt15.47 detailed analysis of Solid Body Rotation and Solid Ring
Rotation #1274 New Physics #1394 ATOM TOTALITY 5th ed

Replies: 3   Last Post: Mar 7, 2013 3:11 AM

plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com

Chapt15.47 detailed analysis of Solid Body Rotation and Solid Ring
Rotation #1274 New Physics #1394 ATOM TOTALITY 5th ed

Shame on physics and astronomy textbook writers for they failed
miserably in explaining various different types of rotations, the
solid body rotation in particular. I doubt a single physics or
astronomy student after a 1 year course in the subject is able to talk
about solid body rotation.

Now I have about 27 pages remaining before I stop writing New Physics
and so I have plenty of space to start doing Solid Body Rotation in
some detail.

Chapt15.47 detailed analysis of Solid Body Rotation
and Solid Ring Rotation

Now, what I am going to do is give a picture analogy so even
nonscientists can learn and participate. In science education we
seldom try to teach a subject for all readers, but seem to be unable
to step down the teaching so that all can learn and participate. For
example, Feynman's Lectures on Physics was not really meant for
classroom teaching but meant for a text for other physicists who
already have a Phd in physics, and those three volume set should never
have been a classroom textbook. In our classrooms, teachers are more
often to err on being "over the heads of students" than to get it just
right "on the same plane of learning so that the students can
understand what is said."

In my books, in my writings, I always go for teaching everyone, even
nonscientists, rather than the education system of the USA where they
cater to only the scientist in training. And that is one of the
reasons why physics is so backwards in theory and so filled up with
fakeries rather than true physics.

So let me give a simple analogy model of a car racetrack and imagine
it as big a track as Saturn's Ring. Where Saturn is, is a fan grand-
stand of crowds of people watching. Now the Ring is circular tracks
around the grand-stand and let us say there are 3 tracks to keep the
picture simple. In the track 1 are 100 cars and all of them are going
at the very same speed of 5 km/hour, and in track 2 which is further
out there are 200 cars going at 5 km/hour, and in track 3 further out
there are 300 cars going
5 km/hour.

Now let us analyze those three tracks, for in track 1 of 100 cars all
going at 5km/hour, that they are evenly spaced and all having the same
velocity so that they will not crash into one another. Same thing for
track 2 with its 200 cars going all the same velocity of 5 km/hour.

Now in each track we can call that track a Solid Ring Rotation around
the grand-stand or Saturn because the ring will stay there permanently
since the cars are at the same speed and same distance apart from one
another so they never crash into one another.

So that is Solid Ring Rotation, but what is Solid Body Rotation?

Well, if a person in the grand-stand were to picture a
line drawn out intersecting the track 1 at a perpendicular and track 2
and track 3 at a perpendicular of the same line drawn out such that
the same cars in track 1 line up with the same car in track 2 and
track 3, would mean we have Solid Body Rotation, and not just Solid
Ring Rotation. Now in order for there to be Solid Body Rotation, the
speed or velocity in track 2 has to be very much larger than in track
1 of its 5 km/hour and likewise the speed in track 3 has to be larger
so that when this person looks at that line, those cars in track 1, 2,
3 are all keeping up with the line.

Alright, now, so we have a distinction between Solid Ring Rotation and
Solid Body Rotation. Now we ask, in the Rings of Saturn, are those ice
crystals of the Ring, are they only Solid Ring Rotation, or are they
Solid Body Rotation?

And also, in barred spiral galaxies, we already have an answer as to
whether they display Solid Ring Rotation or Solid Body Rotation.
Because they have a Bar in their Barred Spiral Galaxy, means they are
Solid Body Rotation.

Now we ask whether there is some distinctive feature of Saturn's Rings
so that we can claim it is more than Solid Ring Rotation or whether it
is Solid Body Rotation? Well, if we can pick out several larger
entities within the Rings we could use that as a "line or bar line" to
determine if Saturn's Ring is Solid Body Rotation.

However, we can determine that the Red Spot of Jupiter and most of the
sunspots or flares of the Sun are Solid Body Rotation because the
entire feature stays in tact over numerous rotations. If they were
just Solid Ring Rotations, the Red Spot of Jupiter or the flares and
sunspots of the sun would not have survived as long as they did. The
Red Spot has been on Jupiter since Galileo saw it some hundreds of
years ago.

--

Google's (and Bing's) searches and archives are top-heavy in hate-spew
generated by search-engine-bombing. And the Google archive stopped

The solution to the sci. newsgroups is to have the sciences hosted by
colleges and universities such as Drexel University doing sci.math,
not by corporations like Google out to make money. Science belongs in
education, not in money motivated corporations. Do I hear a?University
doing sci.physics, sci.chem, sci.biology, sci.geology, etc ?etc

Only Drexel's Math Forum has done a excellent, simple and fair
archiving of AP posts for the past 15 years as seen here:

Archimedes Plutonium
http://www.iw.net/~a_plutonium