Topic: dark halo around gaussian peak in Plot3D?
Replies: 9   Last Post: Mar 10, 2013 12:47 AM

David Reiss

Re: dark halo around gaussian peak in Plot3D?

It probably has to do with numerical inaccuracies. The problem is
removed by "Chop"ing the numerical output:

Plot3D[Chop@Evaluate@PDF[BinormalDistribution[0], {x, y}], {x, -40,
40}, {y, -40, 40}, PlotRange -> All, PlotPoints -> 50]

--David