Topic: THESIS ON PRIME NUMBERS PUBLISHED INTERNATIONALLY, UNIFIED THEOREM TO FOLLOW
Replies: 4   Last Post: Mar 11, 2013 11:11 AM

Robin Chapman

Re: THESIS ON PRIME NUMBERS PUBLISHED INTERNATIONALLY, UNIFIED THEOREM
TO FOLLOW

On 11/03/2013 12:37, Pubkeybreaker wrote:
> On Mar 11, 7:12 am, Robin Chapman <R.J.Chap...@ex.ac.uk> wrote:

> Did a journal actually publish this word salad for a fee??

There are journals, and there are "journals".

> If so, the only difference between this journal and your average
> whore is that there are some things that a whore will not do for
> money......

Mr Cameron has published 4 papers in this journal costing him,
I presume ?400. Presumably Mr Cameron was happy to spend this,
and the editors of the journal were happy to receive this.
There are other things I would prefer spending ?400 on :-)

The regrettable legitimization in academia of the "pay-to-publish"
journal model (disguised by weaselly phrases like "gold open access")
has resulted in a rash of internet journals charging a range of
fees to publish what appears in some instances, to be absolute bilge.

Jeffrey Beall presents a thorough analysis of this phenomenon at
http://scholarlyoa.com/
Read and weep.