Topic: can your CAS help proving inequalities?
Replies: 19   Last Post: Mar 11, 2013 12:00 PM

Re: can your CAS help proving inequalities?

On Mar 10, 4:14 pm, A N Niel <ann...@nym.alias.net.invalid> wrote:
> In article
> <d9bfca96-93de-4b36-b139-c2a89d91c...@h17g2000yqe.googlegroups.com>,
> Mate <mmat...@personal.ro> wrote:

> > What about
> > solve({t*Zeta(1/2+I*t)=0, t>=0},t);
> > which returns
> > {t=0}

> You are right.  For non-polynomial equations, Maple "solve" just finds
> one solution, even if more exist.

Not only that. Even if we add AllSolutions=true, the answer is the
The point is that we cannot trust any CAS (I think) for such problems.
(The method used could be just a probabilistic one, we don't know.)