Topic: What makes a mathematics statement true?
Replies: 16   Last Post: Mar 14, 2013 12:38 AM

byron

Re: What makes a mathematics statement true?

On Thursday, March 14, 2013 9:34:13 AM UTC+11, Frederick Williams wrote:
> spermatozon@yahoo.com wrote:
>

> > so again
>
> > tell us what godel say makes a maths statement true
>

> > if you cant
>

> > then
>

> > his theorem is meaningless
>

> We seem to be getting nowhere, so I shall withdraw and leave you to it.
>

> --
>
> When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by
>
> this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him.
>
> Jonathan Swift: Thoughts on Various Subjects, Moral and Diverting

you say

"
We seem to be getting nowhere"

look you said
" but the notion of truth may be introduced subsequently."

so tell us what goldel meant by the notion of truth
if you cant
then we dont know what makes ca maths statement true
thus godels theorem
with "the notion of truth ... introduced subsequently"
is meaningless