Topic: multiple comparison with ambiguous ranks
Replies: 9   Last Post: Mar 13, 2013 4:46 PM

Bruce Weaver

Re: multiple comparison with ambiguous ranks

On 13/03/2013 12:29 AM, Rich Ulrich wrote:

--- snip ---
> I was treating the 3+ Grades as being the categorization for
> looking at some ordinal outcome. The "question" was about
> how to avoid having 4 instead of 3 groups.

--- snip ---

Yes, that's how I read it too. From the OP:

"When performing say a Kruskal Wallis test, I don't want to consider
such patients [i.e., those labeled as "Either 1 or 2"] as a separate group."

I don't think we've been told what the outcome variable is. Nor have we
been told why the OP wants to use the KW test. It would not surprise me
at all if ANOVA was preferable to KW.

--
Bruce Weaver
bweaver@lakeheadu.ca