Topic: multiple comparison with ambiguous ranks
Replies: 9   Last Post: Mar 13, 2013 4:46 PM

Art Kendall

Re: multiple comparison with ambiguous ranks

There seems to be some question in the OP about level of measurement
(LOM). I think that it might be a good idea to see whether it makes a
substantive difference to check results with different assumptions about
LOM.

I would tend to go with the interval level, unless the results of the
CATREG or some other program with the ability to compare results with
different LOM assumptions showed that a lower level of measure actually
worked better.

I would be surprised if some GLM such as ANOVA were not in fact
preferable. However, my ______ does not always work right. (what is
the term that David Marso uses for "mind reading" via the net?)

Art Kendall
Social Research Consultants