Topic: Noob requests help with recursive formula
Replies: 2   Last Post: Mar 14, 2013 7:12 AM

waku

Re: Noob requests help with recursive formula

On 03/13/2013 09:19 AM, Garcia5529@yahoo.fr wrote:
> I appreciate any tips on how to code this in Mathematica.
> I have two lists, each with 99 elements; A and B. Real numbers.
> I want to form a list, C, whose elements are functions (F[]) of A and B, and also previous elements of C itself.
>
> C ={F[A1/B1], F[A2/(B2-A1/C1)], F[A3/(B3-A1/C1-A2/C2)],..F[A99/(B99-A1/C1...-A98/C98.)}
>
> ...where the integers after A,B, and C, are element indices.
> Thanks for any suggestions.
> HG

As far as I understand your request, here is one, not necessarily
optimal way of solving your problem:

whatever[as_,bs_,cs_] :=
MapThread[f[#1/(#2-#3)]&, {as, bs, Prepend[Most@Accumulate[as/cs], 0]}]

Tested on dummy data: