Topic: An idea to implement.
Replies: 3   Last Post: Mar 16, 2013 12:03 AM

Marc

Re: An idea to implement.

"Roy" wrote in message <khtk93$891$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> Hello Tideman
>
> I understand your concern about this question. Well like I said just i want you to assume the anchors as A,B,C,D since your were not clear on the matrix I plotted in the post , I though I could use the letters instead. I will follow your way now , assuming the matrix like you said above lets not make it complicated(already it is worse than complicated now ;)) a 2x2 matrix or the location as I say M(1,1),M(1,2),M(2,1),M(2,2)
>

> > You obviously have a meaning for anchor which differs from my maritime understanding of the meaning.
>
> anchors are nothing but nodes if it is the term you call it. Imagine I have a RF tag and there is a anchor(node) which will monitor and calculate the location and position of the RF tag using any localization algorithm like TOA , AOA etc . well atleast that's what we call.
>

> > What are AGC and pathloss exponent? Your jargon is gibberish to us.
>
> AGC is Automated Gain control and pathloss means reduction of power density due to electromagnetic waves or any kind of attenuation. Pathloss exponent varies from environment to environment for example in a large building the pathloss exponent is suppose to be 4 to 6 which means there will be such a large reduction or attenuation in power density due to obstacles that will affect the communication between a sender and receiver.
>
> I will paste an example of an output from the measured data I was given. This is an information of one blink from one of the antenna in the anchor 1(node 1) frm channel 1 to the blink of another antenna anchor with channel 2.Below is the info
>
> ServerTime: 0
> TOA: 3.1330e-005
> AnchorID: 1
> AnchorChan: 1 is M(1) in Row vector as mentioned in that matrix)
> AnchorNumb: 2
> blinkID: 1
> AnchorID: 2 (M(2) in Column vector as mentioned in that matrix)
> AnchorChan: 2
> TimeB: 6.9819e+004
> agc: 25
>
> so it will be like M(1,2)
>
> M 1 2
>
> 1 M(1,1) M(1,2)
>
> 2 M(2,1) M(2,2)
>
> these are the four anchors inside the room your are standing so from the above displayed info i want to calculate or write a code to calculate the RSSI values.
>
> So this is an example of the given data. Let me actually rephrase the question for you actually I want to calculate the mean RSSI (Received Signal Strength indicator) values or write a code to calculate the RSSI values.
>
> And tideman and others who are answering this post, thank you for your patience. i am sorry this is the first time me being in a forum and its little hard for me to make you people understand what I really wanted to convey. My bad !! will try to be precise the next time I ask a question.

Your first mistake is that YOU want US to ASSUME. I do not need or want to assume anything. I work for a living and TideMan and dpb are experts on this forum.

DO SOMETHING with your data and TRY something in Matlab code. Then show us what you did and what you tried to do. Then explain why you did not receive the results you were looking for. We can then hopefully help you.

In the meantime, I have my own data to compile proving I saw the Higgs Boson particle.