Topic: Update static text for Guide Gui from main matlab function
Replies: 2   Last Post: Mar 14, 2013 11:55 PM

Nasser Abbasi

Re: Update static text for Guide Gui from main matlab function

On 3/13/2013 2:40 PM, Ioan Alexandru wrote:

>something similar to this. The expectation is fairly simple: I want to change
>the content of a GUI static text box from any external function I wish: even command line.
> Thank you

I do not know about command line. You started talking about GUIDE,
then now started to talk about command line.

In GUIDE, double click on the control you want to change, in
this case it is the static text.

look for the tag field.

put a name there.

in your m file, in the callback, now you can access this
text field using its handle, which is the name you put there in
the tag field in GUIDE.

once you have the handle, you can use the set() command to
change any properties, including the value.

--Nasser