Topic: GUI to exe problem
Replies: 6   Last Post: Mar 21, 2013 6:33 PM

Jan

Re: GUI to exe problem

"Steven_Lord" <slord@mathworks.com> wrote in message <kif1ob$mo6$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...

> "Jan " <urbanecjan@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > "Kristin" wrote in message <kiaqm9$t0a$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> >> "Jan " <urbanecjan@gmail.com> wrote in message
> >> <khvo0e$o8n$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...

> >> I'm a little confused on what you're trying to do. Why do you need to use
> >> evalin at the base workspace, as opposed to calling a function and
> >> passing variables?

> > Main problem is, that for my simulation I need to load data with variables
> > which are processed later. I used load 'filename', uigetfile, ... and
> > other conventional ways to load them but error message with unknown
> > variable is still showing up.

> Inside a function you should ALWAYS call LOAD in its function form with an
> output argument.
>
> data = load('wtr.mat');
> if data.x < 5
> % do something
> end
>
> If you need to refer to the x variable from wtr.mat using the name x, not
> the expression data.x, use:
>
> x = data.x;
>
> in your function after loading the data.
>
> --
> Steve Lord
> slord@mathworks.com
> http://www.mathworks.com

Thanks, I am a bit closer to what I need. Problem still is, that I need to choose one parameter in first radio button group and in second radio button group I need to use those parameters for various simulations (depending what you choose in 2nd group) . Procedure you described works only if I load data under one of the 2nd button group and process them in the same function.
thanks
Jan