Topic: Rules of etiquette on this newsgroup
Replies: 11   Last Post: Mar 20, 2013 9:50 AM

Paul

Re: Rules of etiquette on this newsgroup

On Monday, March 18, 2013 6:42:21 PM UTC, fom wrote:
> On 3/18/2013 11:08 AM, Paul wrote:
>

> > I'm genuinely a bit confused about the rules of etiquette on this newsgroup.
>

> Right or wrong, you just wrote elsewhere
>
> that you appreciated David Ullrich's
>
> contributions.
>

> There is no question that the number
>
> of professional mathematicians actively
>
> participating on these newsgroups is
>
> less than in the past. Shall that be
>
> made one fewer by a public reprimand?
>

> People have personalities. People sometimes
>
> say things they later would prefer to have
>
> not said. Some people find it easy to
>
> apologize whereas others do not. Some
>
> people do not see a need for apology
>
> whereas others do.
>

> I am not going to disagree with you
>
> on the particulars here. I am just
>
> going to ask if this is what you
>
> really want to do?

No, it's not at all what I want to do.
That's why I tried to retract it immediately afterwards.
I did another posting saying that I retracted what I was saying.
"Public reprimand" retracted.

Paul